There was a time when planning things to do during school break was all about the kids. This year, I have one girl heading to sunny Florida for a few days. The other is staying close to home to finish out her busy varsity basketball season.
So, with February Vacation 2017 just a week away, I’ve come up with a few fun things to do myself, with friends or kids – if time allows.
Five Things for February Vacation 2017
SNOWSHOEING – the snowshoes featured are those that Tony and I gifted to each other on different Christmases. Neither has been used. February Vacation 2017 will be the time!
ESCAPE – You many have seen it on “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” or, if you aren’t a trash TV watcher like me, maybe you’ve heard about it elsewhere, but these escape rooms are popping up everywhere. Solve puzzles, find hidden objects and figure out clues to get out of the room. I’d love to get a group together and give it a try.
Here are a few to look into:
- Time Warp –Peabody, MA
- Boda Borg, Malden, MA
- Escape the Room – Boston, MA
- Granite State Escape – Manchester, NH
READ A BOOK – Book Club doesn’t happen again until end of March. Seeing I usually cram read for that, I think it would be nice to start a book in a more leisurely fashion.
Here are three in my queue:
- What Milo Saw by Virginia MacGregor – I met Virginia recently at a book reading and loved her presence and style. I can’t wait to dive into this story.
- Yours Faithfully by Ellen Alden – I had the pleasure of meeting Ellen at Helen Thomas of Andover where her book is sold, among other places. I’m inspired by her energy and success. I’m anxious to read her heartfelt story.
- Under The Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes – After reading excerpts from my manuscript, a blog reader suggested I might enjoy this. So happens, I own it and just haven’t read it yet.
GET A MASSAGE – This may not be a big deal for some, but I’m really not a massage person. But with new aches and pains popping up on a regular basis, this might be nice. I’m going to book an appointment with my friend, Doreen Sidell, at Salon Riza in North Andover. You should too!
AN INSTAGRAM EXPEDITION – Finally, I think it would be fun to visit a couple of Boston spots that I follow on Instagram.
- Giardini Di Sole is located in Boston’s South End and has the most beautiful Instagram photos featuring the home décor and tabletop items they carry. I can’t wait to stop in and see their shop in person.
- Dumpling House, Cambridge MA – Everyone in my family loves dumplings. One day, this image popped up on Instagram and I thought – We’ve got to go there!
I’ll be lucky if I get to one or two of these, but having a few fun ideas in my pocket makes the idea of February Vacation 2017 at home just a little more exciting.
Do you have any fun plans or ideas for school break?